HIS EXCELLENCY THE HIGH COMMISSIONER OF ZIMBABWE LONDON
FOREIGN OFFICE ATTENTION PETER HAIN MP
Minister of State, Downing Street West,SW1A 2AL , London
HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH ATTENTION ALEX VINCE
CONSERVATIVE PARTY ATTENTION WILLIAM HAGUE MP
Conservative Centre Central Office, 32 Smith Squire, SW1 P3HH, London
SECRETARY-GENERAL OF THE COMMONWEALTH
ATTENTION Don McKinnon
Marlborough House,Pallmall, SW1 Y5HX, London
RIGHT HONOURABLE DAVID CURRY (MY LOCAL MP) POSTED 26.05.2000
HOUSE OF COMMONS, LONDON SW1A 0AA
To: All Concerned Members of the Public
To: Members of Parliament
Dear Sir / Madam
CRISIS IN ZIMBABWE
Mugabe's words. "It was mainly on the principle of recovery of the fatherland that the armed struggle was built".
DARE has come to the final and irrevocable conclusion that the only man who can serve our revolution is Robert Gabriel Mugabe.
The pattern of Mugabe and Zanu-PF is consistent in the continuous onslaught of a total dictatorial and authoritarian rule that NO African State will openly declare has worked.
Through out History it has shown once power is seized select brethren are put in to advantageous positions. Once the Opposition is crushed, controlled or muzzled. The Government of the day can than indiscriminately attempt to black out from the World its shortcomings. A climate for the Western World involvement in a continuous supply UN- limited and UN-monitored funds are sure to follow.
Seeking advice from other African Countries on the Zimbabwe crisis will fall on deaf ears as the affinity for their oppressed brothers from the Colonial dictators will never be forgotten or forgiven.
The cycle of collapse of this Country and it's partners, will be inevitable as time is lost on the expertise of professionals who will leave, seeking opportunities in a more stable, tolerant and vibrant Continent. Agriculture and Commerce are surely the backbone to the successful development of a Country that can support and sustain itself. The hourglass has surely run out for all African States to become accountable for their own misfortunes and lack of foresight.
No More Foreign Aid should be given to any country without Independent Supervision and Monitoring put in place.
Zimbabwe has become a Country of legalised and institutionalised race discrimination and segregation.
Have any of these African Countries benefited and shown any form of growth and development with all the millions of pounds/dollars in Foreign Aid that they have received or have they merely squandered that money, spent it on weapons instead of buying food for its people. Mugabe - funding a war in a country that has nothing to do with Zimbabwe, but using its little resources to do so.
It is sad that the African continent has not consolidated and become one minded in gathering it's resources and knowledge into a collective study to better themselves. Encouragement of International Investment that is beneficial to all parties with policies that are transparent and acceptable on world market ideologies and principals. Why do they not use some of the Foreign Aid to investigate, resolve, or put into practise and get medicines for some of the under mentioned points.
A. Law & Order
B. Cultural Acceptance & Tolerance
D. Commerce - Banking & Insurance
E. Nature Conservation
H. Trade & Trade Agreements
I. Import - Export
J. Agreed trade routes
K. Transport - Air - Road - Rail
L. Mining - Timber
N. Malaria / Bilharzia
It is a very dark day when people from different races and/or religions cannot express their views in an open and democratic way, for fear of retribution. It becomes even worse when innocent people are murdered and the whole world stands by and just watches.
Is there a much BIGGER agenda that we may only read about in the history books in years to come? I do believe the inability to INVESTIGATE AND SOLVE some of Zimbabwe's unanswered questions are part of the problem.
What and how was the Zimbabwe constitution made up - at its independence on 18 April 1980?
What happened here? Mugabe addresses the nation.
He spoke of turning swords into ploughshares and the need for reconciliation and not recrimination and he assured whites they had a place in the country.
Did the British and American Governments make any promises regarding funding for Land Redistribution and if so what were these promises, their conditions and the time scales?
May I put forward questions I believe many would like to have answered?
1. What are Robert Gabriel Mugabe's Assets world-wide?
2. Who knows of them?
3. Why have they yet to be investigated / seized and returned to the peoples of Zimbabwe.
4. Where did the money come from for these investments? How come Mugabe gets richer and his country and its people get poorer by the day.
5. When did the Matabele massacres take place?
6. Why were the Matabele massacres left unreported and NO action taken? Was the Human rights commission ever made aware of these massacres?
7. When did Joshua Nkomo and Mugabe split and why.
8. Why did Joshua Nkomo flee Zimbabwe to Britain?
9. On his return what made him leave the Matabeleland area and live in Harare.
10. What business interests did Nkomo have?
11. What happened to Sally Mugabe (born in Ghana)?
12. Did she have a lover (Sally Mugabe) if so what happened to him.
13. The assets she left what happened to them.
14. Why did Mugabe refuse to assist her parents in establishing her worth?
15. Which Government officials own land in Zimbabwe? Was any of that land taken away from White Farmers? Surely this land was meant to be re-distributed among the people of Zimbabwe.
16. How much did they pay and has it been declared.
17. How many Government officials own land out side Zimbabwe?
18. What function has the CIO (central Intelligence organisation) done from 1980- 2000?
19. Who is the 5th Brigade and what was their function.
20. Who is the (OAU) Organisation For African Unity and why was it formed.
21. What is their constitution, how many African states belong to it?
22. Is there such a thing as the ' OAU Liberation Committee '?
22. Who is DARE and does it still operate.
23. Why is Mugabe so keen on assisting the Congo?
24. Does he have relatives with interests in the mines in the Congo and other parts of Africa and the World?
25. British supply of arms, ammunition and training.
26. What happened to Buka?
27. How did the supposed War Veterans move from farm to farm?
28. Who paid their wages and from whom did they get their weapons, etc?
29. Does the 11-point plan still exist that Mugabe is provisional leader too?
30. These and many more questions need to be answered. THIS IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG.
IS A CIVIL WAR AROUND THE CORNER?
Our deepest sympathy and condolences go to the families who have lost their loved ones.
Our prayers and hopes are for the Zimbabwean people to stand together, united in their plight.
1 Ambrose Road
Home Telephone number 01765 607900
Home 01765 607900