By Langton Ncube| The President Emmerson Mnagagwa administration has said that it is going to abolish 3000 youth officers’ posts which were existing in government.
Presenting the 2018 National Budget on Thursday Finance minister, Patrick Chinamasa said to reduce government expenditure, government was going to abolish 3 479 youths officers posts.
In August this year, former President Robert Mugabe ordered the reinstatement of over 2 000 youths who had been retrenched from Government.
Mugabe claimed that they had been retrenched without Cabinet approval.
Youth officers were used by the former President Mugabe’s regime to terrorize opposition party supporters during election campaign periods.