Family loses property in fire

Source: Family loses property in fire | The Standard (Local News)


A GWERU family was left counting its losses after a fire gutted their house.

No one was injured in the inferno, which is suspected to have been caused by an electric fault.

Midlands provincial police spokesperson Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko said his office was yet to receive a report of the incident.

Ward 4 councillor Martin Chivhoko who visited the victims appealed for well-wishers to assist the family.

Chivhoko said preliminary investigations revealed that Gardner Magombedze of house number 6176, Hwanya Street, Southview was bathing when the fire started.

He said Magombedze’s younger sister noticed the fire and alerted his wife and children aged eight, three and four to evacuate from the house.

Chivhoko said by the time the fire brigade arrived, property had already been destroyed.

The post Family loses property in fire appeared first on The Standard.