Source: LATEST: Gvt launches action plan on human trafficking | The Herald September 14, 2016
Tendai Mugabe Senior Reporter
Government has launched the National Plan of Action on Human Trafficking (NAPLAC) to fight the crime following a number of cases where Zimbabwean women have been trafficked to Kuwait.
Addressing Zimbabwe’s ambassadors accredited to the Americas and Asia in Harare last week, Foreign Affairs Minister Simbarashe Mumbengegwi said the NAPLAC would run until 2018.
“The launch of the plan of action is in line with provisions of the Trafficking in Persons Act of 2014,” he said.
“The plan is anchored on four pillars – prosecution, prevention, protection and partnership – and it runs from 2016 to 2018. It is expected that the information on human trafficking will get to grassroots levels, thereby protecting all our citizens, especially women and children, even in the remotest parts of our country.”
Minister Mumbengegwi urged the diplomats to be conversant with the action plan.
He said it was unfortunate that recently some Zimbabweans found themselves being trafficked to foreign countries under the guise of lucrative employment or education opportunities.
Details to follow….