Source: Six more Kuwait trafficking victims arrive | The Herald August 12, 2016
Elita Chikwati : Senior Reporter
Six more women who had been held hostage in Kuwait after being lured to the Middle East country on the pretext that they were going to be offered lucrative jobs by a local human trafficking syndicate, arrived in the country yesterday. This brings to 113 the number of women who have returned home from Kuwait.Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Foreign Affairs chairperson Cde Kindness Paradza, yesterday said two more women were at the Zimbabwean Embassy in Kuwait and were expected in the country next week.
He said the committee was going to hold meetings with Minister of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare, Cde Prisca Mupfumira, and Minister of Small and Medium Enterprises Development, Cde Sithembiso Nyoni and other organisations to see how they could assist the victims to start small businesses.