The state of religion in Zimbabwe: Prophet Angel worth US$60m

via I’m worth US$60m: Prophet Angel Sunday Mail 20 October 2013 by Simba Jemwa

Spirit Embassy founder Prophet Uebert Angel says he is worth US$60 million and insists that his fortune is from his business empire and not the church. Angel made the claim when he made a surprise appearance at a Business Indaba hosted by the Midlands State University’s Centre for Entrepreneurship Development here on Friday.

“I am worth more than US$60 million and I made all of that money through various business enterprises that do not include my church

“I have interests in South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States. For the record, one of my companies is building an airport in St. Lucia,” said Prophet Angel, who arrived leading a three-car convoy comprising of his top-of-the range Bentley and two Mercedes Benz that had his security detail.

“Many people think that the church looks after me, but the truth of the matter is that the church cannot afford my lifestyle.

“I have very expensive tastes and that is why I am in business and make so much money. Money makes me happy and I have lots of it. I have never been broke all my life” added the prophet to a thunderous applause.

And he was not done yet in revealing just how blessed he is.

“If for some reason all my assets and business interests in Zimbabwe are taken from me, I am not worried because there are at least three other countries I can go to where I would still be a multi-millionaire,” said Prophet Angel.

Prophet Angel mentioned Africa Oil and Pearl Technologies, a company he says manufactures high end mobile devices, among the several companies under his vast business portfolio.

He went on to reveal that he has two degrees in finance as well as a Masters Degree in Philosophy.

In his key note address at the workshop Affirmative Action Group vice president Mr Chamu Chiwanza called on the students to take advantage of the Government’s indigenisation and economic empowerment drive.

“Our Government is pushing for youth empowerment in all sectors of industry, but this will only work if our business graduates avail themselves for these empowerment projects. We need all of you to support the efforts of our Government and you are guaranteed to drive fancy cars and live in upmarket homes.

“I’m sure that all of you are aware that our industries have suffered because of illegal sanctions imposed on us by the West. Don’t use this as an excuse but a challenge that you must take up to resuscitate our industries.  A lot of companies have closed down or downsized in Gweru and it is up to you to come up with viable options for their resuscitation. The Government is there to assist you in this regard,” he said.

The indaba was held under the theme: “The Role of Graduates in Zimbabwe’s Indegenisation Policy”.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 29
  • comment-avatar
    nnyati 6 years ago

Hey munhu waMwari be careful wat you say about the wealth of this world and how they link to your happiness. I thought there is a vast line between happiness and true joy from God. These are temporary. Talk true life to the unconverted in these fora you now find yourself able to speak. Dzitori nyasha idzidzo. Dzishandise wena. Do not boast about your tastes. God will call you like he did ” I want you home now you fool”

maisokwazo 6 years ago

I would rather scrouge for food than emulating Engel. I would rather walk bare footed than driving a Bentley on pot holed roads. You shall see them by their fruits let them grow together. and there shall come some who shall say mountain move from thence and go into the sea yes yes the bible is very explicit. Go Engel go go go go and I say go

• comment-avatar

I reserve my lengthy comment but l just say “only God knows what is happening under then sun. be blessed in abundance if and only if it is from God, but if it is otherwise, hey nhamo kunewe coz zvaiva nani dai usina kuzvarwa zvako”

easily fooled 6 years ago

My bible says whosoever of you will be the chiefest shall be the servant of all. Mat 10:44

After reading this article, I am poor and a noone in community but i have a reknowned servant in the name of Hubbert Angels. You true self will be revealed including your name. You blasphemously use the title Angels. You will meet real ANGELS of God. Read 2 Kings 12 and learn more about what happened to that liar prophet…….

bhaisokopu 6 years ago

Inga zvakaoma. Whatever happened to humility and modesty? There’s nothing wrong with being rich but mmmm nhai ‘prophet’ you need not announce your worth and your tastes to the world! shuwa here kutoshambadzira kuti mune maexpensive tastes nhai ‘munhu wmawari’? Ndakatyamadzwa fani! Hameno Hameno maporofita anhasi!

mutakura 6 years ago

The truth of the matter is that this scoundrel masquerading as a prophet is a blasphemous satanist. Which god does he worship? Not our God/Mwari. God’s son, Jesus, is quite clear about rich people. He said its easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter heaven. But listen to this sick joke called Angel! He flashes the Bible during the day but at night he worships his master, Lucifer. Angel is a disgrace to Christianity

• comment-avatar

Dont get offended by someone’s life. Your comments reflect the kind of seeds in your heart.

johanney chongani 6 years ago

no one should judge other people, it is only time which will tell whether what we hear or see is the work of God or not

prosper makamanzi 6 years ago

Munoverenga bible ripiko vanhu,the bible says in,1timothy v 4, let your profiting appers to all.kana mwari waunonamata achida kuti uite rombe,ma1.

zim4u 6 years ago

What motivational way of addressing university students kusanyara kutaura nhema if u own Pearl Technologies, the figures you are tlking don’t add up they should be x 10 kana the the university yachowo how can you invite zvinhu zvakadaro he just these poor students to. Come join his mirancle money church shame on u

Osca Kuruka 6 years ago

Anoda baba murombo ndiyani.kana iro bhaibhiri richiti sirivheri nendarama ndezvenyu, ahh ko tingagozvishaiwa sei.anemariyake ngaataure.

sean khata 6 years ago

If you listen to the prayers of most congregants you hear them asking for bussines opportunities,financial upliftment,and a lot of good things from God. my question is, is it bad when GOD hears you and answer you with all these things.you believe but you dont believe in what you believe.

sean khata 6 years ago

Why should you doubt him? Thats him.dont be jelouse mazimbabwen, hapana anorambidzwa kuita mari.

japhet tozo 6 years ago

Ask him what he does kuti aite mari,wotevedzeravo nzira idzodzo,the moment yaurikushama muromo wako kutuka, he making thousands. ko kungonyarara panezvausingazivi.

Cde Chinodhuukadhuuka Zoraunye 6 years ago

Senior Major Emeritus. People can say whatever they want but i know and i have seen it with my own eyes the demonstration of God’s power on this man. Miracle money i witnessed it ten pounds was in my jean pocket. If it was a US dollar i would have thought maybe i forgot it there but ten pounds i have never touched one before only seeing it on papers and TV. That changed my view on this man of God. He is real and HEAVEN is REAL.Muchinda anorova Shoko se shoko uyu.

CS of the Highest 6 years ago

1. Ndakauya ndisina chinhu, 2. ndichadzokera ndisina chunhu
    but panoti kurarama ndisina chinhu ndopasina kunyorerwa verse & inini zvangu knowing the God that I serve I refuse kurarama ndisina chinhu. If heaven’s pathways & highways are made of gold, by all means let me experience heaven on earth. For as He is so am I~ not in the world to come, but in this world! Silver & gold belong to God & if He has said “You shall lack no good thing, then LET ME DRIVE THE BEST; WEAR THE BEST~ Let His Servants live the life! If the Bible had to even record the wealth of Abraham, Isaac, Solomon and the like, munorwadziwa nei papfuma yeumwe munhu? Regai BabaShupi vakati Kana riri godo dzorai shanje… May God continue to increase you Senior Prophet.LET YOUR PROFITTING APPEAR TO ALL.

marasha 6 years ago

zvimwe zvinhu zvinotoda kuti nyika yose titsanye vanhuwee.hatikumbirireyi vanhu vanege ava kuna JEHOVHA ANZWIRE NYASHA.Haasati aziva Mwari .Zvino anoda kukumbirirwa nomoyo wose.Pasi pamera mazino vanhuwoyee.Mukati tingasiye zvakadaro here/ kwete ngatipfugame asvinure zvimwe achakakotsira.unotsva nemoto H ANGEL. Akambokupa zita iroro ndianiko?JESU akatouya chenjera sokuti udonha seshamba.

Dokotela 6 years ago

“added the prophet to a thunderous applause” The place must have been full of suckers, and there are so many of them in Zim.

Mdcom 6 years ago

This is quite surprising really. A while ago this same prophet gave a testimony about how he got the ‘Miracle money’ from ATM machine in the UK? He was testifying on how God can work miracles, saying that his account had zero pounds! Now he is claiming that he’s never been broke in his life. This indicates to me that this guy tells lies to anyone who cares to listen. The whole story doesn’t make any sense to me because it doesn’t say how his companies can benefit those students who attended the seminar. Hameno vana papa venyu ava!!!!

Jogo Bonita 6 years ago

Next time this university shud invite pple like strive masiiwa whose net worth is not questionable.those are the real motivational speakers.

nnyati 6 years ago

Johanney.
    Yes we are not Judges, for there is only one Judge, our Father who is in heaven. Asi shoko rinoti titsiurane nokudzorana kana torashika. The prophet is not recheable one on one. Vanotofambavnemabody guards. This is the only way to speak to him. Let us just be careful not to cross the line.

Sonofngwazi 6 years ago

This prophet has verbal diarrhoea .Time will tell

• comment-avatar

Religion has always been and always will be an industry, an empire, for that matter. But this boy has gonne over the top by exposing the closely guarded secrets of multi-million making industry.

Seeker of truth 5 years ago

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (NIV, Matthew 6:19-21). “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.” (NLT, Luke 16:13).

• comment-avatar

For the Bible clearly states that you shall see them from their works

Deacon revai 5 years ago

I think this man is a liar. It’s only a few years ago when he gave a testimony that he had no dime in his account in England and he prayed to God and he received miracle money. You see? That’s why Christ said “beware of false prophets” which I think he is one. Money or no money God comes first. If a person who claims to be a prophet can be so arrogant as to boast about his wealth, then something is wrong. I rest my case…Mdcon

rich boy 5 years ago

Airport in St. Lucia, cool.After that bring your Company home and build a couple of new blair toilets at our rural primary schools.and some tissues would be also fine.

escoba 5 years ago

Si. or yes brother, next time tell the world ( eg columbian, mexican , italian, nigerian 411’s ,ex russian KGB agents ,893 yakuzas japan etc) where you live and your kids go to school .We Zimbos have no organized ‘familys’ that can operate world wide.

sirbells 3 years ago

wait the defining moment is just by the corner, kana mari yako uinayo ndeyako kune mumwe izudha. munotinyaudzireiko panouya Jesu zvose zvichabuda pachena chenjerai vanhu vaMwari